2 ounce bottle of Propanediol
Propanediol 1,3 (referred to as Propanediol hereafter) is a natural, green, propylene glycol alternative derived from corn sugar, used as a humectant, hair and skin conditioner, preservative booster, and solvent with a light, non-sticky, slightly dry skin feel.
Propanediol increases hydration when used in hair and body products, and at 5%, performs better than propylene glycol and butylene glycol. When combined with glycerin, Propanediol shows a synergistic effect that reduces the tackiness of glycerin, while offering the benefits of increased levels of hydration. At levels up to 75%, it shows low potential to irritate or sensitize skin.
In surfactant systems, Propanediol increases the clarity of surfactant systems and viscosity while decreasing the amount of salt necessary to thicken a product. It improves flash foam, and produces more elegant systems with creamier lather and denser foam.
- Light, non-sticky skin feel
- Green substitute for propylene glycol from a renewable resource
- Viscosity enhancer
- Clarity enhancer for surfactant systems
- Increased freeze/thaw and heat stability
- Low potential to irritate or sensitize skin
- Good solvent for hard to dissolve ingredients as well as botanical extract
- Boosts efficacy of preservatives
- Hygroscopic, hydrates skin and hair well
- Kosher, halal, USP-NF